Japanese Winter Wonderland
Escorted Group Tours
Our winter Japan holidays shine a light on some of the country’s lesser-visited treasures. You’ll tour Tokyo National Museum and Nishiki Market in Kyoto, and stay in an authentic ryokan surrounded by footprint-free snowy landscapes - a real highlight. After a trip to see snow monkeys bathing in onsen (hot springs) in Yudanaka, a bullet train will whisk you through spectacular scenery to Hokkaido, where historic Hakodate and Sapporo Snow Festival (home to sculptures the size of houses) await you.
- 10 breakfasts
- 1 dinner
10 nights in hotels and 2 in flight
Travel in destination by coach
Excursions and visits
- City tours of Kyoto (with Nijo Castle), Nagano (with Zenkoji Temple), Tokyo and Hakodate
- Bullet train journeys as shown
- Jigokudani Monkey Park
- Mount Hakodate night visit
- Onuma Quasi National Park and Hell Valley
- Otaru Snow Light Path Festival
- Sapporo Snow Festival
London Heathrow Airport
Escorted tour moderate
From £4,115 per person
Including optional travel insurance or a price reduction if not required
- This tour includes many must-see destinations and typical days have early starts and early evening arrivals at hotels.
- The Otaru Snow Light Path Festival isn't guaranteed, as the dates are confirmed just a few months prior and may not coincide with your departure. Should this excursion be unavailable, you'll visit the Lake Shikotsu Ice Festival.