Wellington, Maori Culture and Kapiti Island
History, Maori culture, heritage,wildlife and nature are packed into this whistle stop visit to the cultural capital of New Zealand, Wellington, and the surrounding region. Situated at the southern end of the North Island and nestled between green hills and a sparkling harbour, Wellington offers a vibrant arts and culture scene, as well as access to stunning nature on its doorstep. You’ll get to visit Kapiti Island, a protected marine reserve and home to many species of endangered native birdlife. And, you’ll learn more about the history and journey of Aotearoa New Zealand, the Maori people and their culture with a private Manu Maori tour at Wellington’s world-class Te Papa museum.
Discover Tailor-Made Travel
- Award-winning holidays
- ATOL protected
- Incredible value
- 1 breakfast
- 1 lunch
2 nights in selected hotel
Excursions and visits
- Discover the vibrant arts, culture and foodie scene of Wellington
- Take in stunning city and harbour views from Mount Victoria
- Enjoy a private Maori Mana Tour at the incredible national museum, Te Papa Tongarewa
- Visit Kapiti Island, one of New Zealand's oldest and most important nature reserves
- Take a guided walk and encounter endangered bird species
- Learn more island history through a Maori cultural interpretation from knowledgeable Maori guides
- International and domestic flights
- Visa (if required)
- Optional excursions
Airport Transfers – To/from Wellington International Airport to/from your chosen Wellington hotel.
Tours as specified (please note the order of touring may be moved based on availability).
Duration: 3 days