Ultimate Turkey - Istanbul to Cappadocia
Escorted Group Tours
It's not just a name, our ultimate tour of Turkey takes you in glorious Turkish technicolour from Istanbul’s minaret-studded skyline and clamorous bazaars to the poignant battlefields at Gallipoli, the chariot-wheel rutted streets of Ephesus and the white terraced pools of Pamukkale. We then sweep east, crossing the plains of Anatolia to the honeycombed hills, curvy cliffs and fairy chimneys of Cappadocia. Here we’ll venture underground to find an entire chiselled-out city that lay hidden for thousands of years and enjoy the chance to float up and over this magical, whimsical landscape at sunrise by hot-air balloon.
- 9 breakfasts
- 2 lunches
- 6 dinners
9 nights in hotels
Travel in destination by coach
Excursions and visits
- Istanbul city tour (including Hippodrome of Constantinople, Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia, the Sunken Cistern, and Grand Bazaar)
- Coffee tasting
- Istanbul tour (including Süleymaniye Mosque, Egyptian Spice Bazaar, and Topkapı Palace Museum)
- Tour of Gallipoli battlefields
- Bergama village lunch experience and picnic in Selcuk with cooking and carpet weaving demonstration
- Visits to Troy, Pergamon, Ephesus & House of the Virgin Mary, Pamukkale-Hieropolis, Mevlana Museum, Sultanhan Caravanserai, Göreme Open Air Museum, fairy chimneys of Pasabag Valley
- Tour of Kaymakli Underground City
- Cappadocia pottery talk and workshop
London Gatwick Airport
Escorted tour moderate
From £2,095 per person
Including optional travel insurance or a price reduction if not required
Duration: 10 days
- The Bayir Diamond Hotel in Konya doesn't serve alcohol.
- Kaymakli Underground City has narrow doorways and uneven floors and may not be suitable for those with claustrophobia.