California and the Golden West - Solo
This departure follows a shorter itinerary than our standard tour, concluding in the legendary ‘City by the Bay’, San Francisco. One of the longest running of our original holidays, our escorted tours to California are still among our most popular itineraries today. You’ll travel around California (nudging into neighbouring Nevada and Arizona), visiting great cities like Los Angeles and Las Vegas. You’ll drive along Route 66 and visit the spectacular scenery of Yosemite National Park. We’ll also spend two nights in Flagstaff: gateway to the awe-inspiring Grand Canyon.
Included with every escorted tour
- VIP door-to-door travel service
- Knowledgeable tour managers
- Included excursions
- Selected meals and international flights
12 nights in hotels and 1 in flight
Excursions and visits
- Tours of Hollywood, San Diego and San Francisco (including Golden Gate Bridge)
- Visits to the artist colony of Sedona; and the Old Silver Mining Town of Calico
- Park entrance fees for Grand Canyon and Yosemite national parks
- Williams Depot and shoot-out re-enactment
Escorted tour moderate
From £4,895 per person
Including optional travel insurance or a price reduction if not required
- California conjures images of laid-back towns, sweeping beaches of golden sand and the glistening ocean dotted with surfers. Redondo Beach is just that, a quintessential Californian beach town with a vibrant harbour and horseshoe-shaped pier - it’s a great place to unwind after your holiday.
- The Sonesta Redondo Beach & Marina (4-star) is ideally located for your explorations. There’s the Riviera Village to explore, home to over 300 eclectic shops and restaurants.
- This extension isn't available for those choosing our shorter duration itinerary.
- Please call our travel advisors for more information.