Highlights of New England
After getting your bearings in Boston, you’ll pick up your rental car and head north through some of New England’s most historic and scenic states. From Maine and Massachusetts to New Hampshire and Vermont, this is where salty seaside villages and cosy mountain towns invite you to stop for the night and soak it all in. There’s no end of colonial mansions and seafaring heritage to admire with artists’ workshops and maritime museums adding to the rich blend of freedom and discovery. Throw in some optional whale watching trips, seafood suppers and hikes in Acadia National Park, and you’ve got all the makings of an epic road trip. Self-drive is the most flexible and affordable way to experience New England’s highlights without having to stick to a strict group schedule. If this is the type of road trip that you’ve always wanted to do but never quite got round to, well, here’s your chance.
Discover Tailor-Made Travel
- Award-winning holidays
- ATOL protected
- Incredible value
14 nights in hotels
Excursions and visits
- Start your trip with two nights in historic Boston
- Learn about the infamous ‘witch trials’ with a stop in Salem
- Admire the yachts in coastal Kennebunkport
- Two nights in Bar Harbor to explore Arcadia National Park
- Walking trails and fresh mountain air in charming Stowe
- Optional whale watching and two nights in Cape Cod
- Fishing villages, historic lighthouses, and maritime museums
- International flights
- Visas (if required)
- Activities, sightseeing and attraction entrance fees
- National Parks Pass (or entry fees)
- Resort Fees (if required by any of your chosen hotels)
Economy car rental (13 days) with unlimited mileage, third party insurance and CDW – please ask for vehicle upgrades and full terms & conditions.
Personalised digital destination guide & driving instructions (accessed via online/mobile app, and printable at home).
Duration: 15 days