Florida's Beaches & The Keys
Experience the freedom of exploring Florida in a super comfy motorhome. This self-drive road trip promises more stunning sunsets than you can ever imagine; and picking up the keys to your motorhome in Miami will be just the start of the adventure. Heading south you’ll get to experience the thrill of driving over water as well as nights spent camping next to wild and windswept white sand beaches. Stopping off for coffee and cake at a local seaside café on the Florida Keys is simply dreamy. As is sitting with a daiquiri at dusk as the crowds congregate in Duval Street and Mallory Square in Key West. Wildlife watching will no doubt feature throughout the tour so bring your binoculars, if only for spotting the wading birds and alligators lurking around Everglades National Park. Each night you’ll stay at pine covered campsites, close to the beach. These are often some of Florida’s best stretches of sand and ideal for settling in or exploring on foot or by bike. Nothing will prepare you for the sheer magic of Walt Disney, although the trip to Cape Canaveral and the Kennedy Space Center is equally out of this world. With one final drive past the designer beachfronts of Palm Beach, you’ll return to Miami suntanned, smiling, and eager to do it all again.
Discover Tailor-Made Travel
- Award-winning holidays
- ATOL protected
- Incredible value
Excursions and visits
- Experience driving on the Overseas Highway
- Discover the history and heritage of Key West
- Snorkel in John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park
- Watch out for alligators in the Everglades
- Join Mickey and his pals at Walt Disney World
- Sample the high life around Palm Beach
- Enjoy barbecues and picnics and sleeping under the stars!
Duration: 10 days
- This is a suggested itinerary only. We will book a motorhome and you can simply call ahead to book the campsites directly.
- With Cruise America handy mobile app, you’ll be able to find your closest campgrounds easily. There’s a great selection of campgrounds available across the US, ranging from huge resorts with restaurants and bars, family leisure activities and swimming pools, through to smaller grounds with just a general store and shower block. The app also details the likes of national parks and public spaces, where you’re welcome to pitch up for the night before hitting the road again in the morning.
- For more information about booking your motorhome please see the motorhome pages on our website for full details about vehicle types, insurances, mileage packs and inclusions.
- We don’t recommend picking up your motorhome immediately following an international flight.
- We are showing most places as one-night stays, but we don’t recommend trying to follow the suggested itinerary exactly – it’s better to take your time, slow things down, enjoy multi-night stops in selected places.
- Florida is so popular that if you want to make the trip, you’ll need to book your RV sites well in advance.
- Remember to book early for the best rates!
- CALL TO BOOK
- Ready for your US motorhome adventure? For more information or to book your Cruise America RV, call us on 0800 9885 886.