Northern California Highlights
Discover the vineyards, seaside towns, and giant redwoods of Northern California. This self-drive tour is all about feeling free amongst the national parks and state reserves north of San Francisco. It’s a fabulous trip, featuring vineyards, farmers’ markets, and those little out of the way roadside restaurants that you won’t find in the guidebooks. You can learn about the history and heritage of the region as well as walking through shaded pine forests and stopping by a lake or river for a picnic. There are no set dining times, or limited sightseeing windows. This is travel on your terms. Spending a couple of nights close to Mount Shasta, Lake Tahoe, and Yosemite National Park, gives you plenty of time to really relax and soak up the scenery. Whilst stop overs in San Franscisco and Sacramento conjure up a classic slice of city life, California style. From wind swept Pacific Ocean beaches to old growth redwood forests and groves of giant sequoias, this 14-day road trip will no doubt move you in more ways than one.
Discover Tailor-Made Travel
- Award-winning holidays
- ATOL protected
- Incredible value
Excursions and visits
- Sightseeing and seal spotting in San Francisco
- Vineyards and spa sessions in Sonoma County
- Stop at seaside villages along the Pacific Coast Highway
- Drive amongst the giants of Redwood National Park
- Discover California’s settler and gold rush heritage
- Drive the Volcanic Legacy Scenic Byway
- Take time out on Lake Tahoe
- Sightseeing and hipster hang outs in Sacramento
- Spend two nights close to Yosemite’s giant sequoias
Duration: 14 days
- This is a suggested itinerary only.
- We will book a motorhome and you can simply call ahead to book the campsites directly.
- With Cruise America handy mobile app, you’ll be able to find your closest campgrounds easily.
- There’s a great selection of campgrounds available across the US, ranging from huge resorts with restaurants and bars, family leisure activities and swimming pools, through to smaller grounds with just a general store and shower block.
- The app also details the likes of national parks and public spaces, where you’re welcome to pitch up for the night before hitting the road again in the morning.
- For more information about booking your motorhome please see the motorhome pages on our website for full details about vehicle types, insurances, mileage packs and inclusions.
- We don’t recommend picking up your motorhome immediately following an international flight.
- We are showing most places as one-night or two-night stays, but we don’t recommend trying to follow the suggested itinerary exactly – it’s better to take your time, slow things down, enjoy multi-night stops in selected places.
- California is so popular that if you want to make the trip, you’ll need to book your RV sites well in advance.
- Remember to book early for the best rates!
- CALL TO BOOK
- Ready for your US motorhome adventure? For more information or to book your Cruise America RV, call us on 0800 9885 886.