Historic Route 66
Getaway for less
Save £400pp on 12 May and 9 June 2024 departures
From £4145 per person
The spirit of historic Route 66 is ingrained in the American psyche. Nicknamed the ‘Mother Road’ by John Steinbeck, this iconic highway represents America’s ideals of freedom. Our 17-day Route 66 tour from Chicago to LA is both an epic road trip and a journey of discovery through America’s heartland. We’ll take in Oklahoma, St Louis, Amarillo and Albuquerque, plus the Grand Canyon and Petrified Forest national parks. Covering ‘more than two thousand miles all the way’, it’s perfect for fans of retro Americana.
Included with every escorted tour
- VIP door-to-door travel service
- Knowledgeable tour managers
- Included excursions
- Selected meals and international flights
15 nights in hotels and 1 in flight
Travel in destination by coach
Excursions and visits
- Tours of Chicago, Oklahoma City and Albuquerque
- Visits to the Route 66 Association of Illinois Hall of Fame & Museum; and Historic Lincoln’s Tomb and Home
- Entry to New Salem; Fantastic Caverns; Palo Duro Canyon State Park; Petrified Forest National Park; Grand Canyon National Park; Calico ghost town
- Gateway Arch experience
- Guided tour of the Museum of Transportation
London Heathrow Airport
Escorted tour moderate
From £4,145 per person
Including optional travel insurance or a price reduction if not required
- California conjures images of laid-back towns, sweeping beaches of golden sand and the glistening ocean dotted with surfers. Redondo Beach is just that, a quintessential Californian beach town with a vibrant harbour and horseshoe-shaped pier - it’s a great place to unwind after your holiday.
- The Sonesta Redondo Beach & Marina (4-star) is ideally located for your explorations. There’s the Riviera Village to explore, home to over 300 eclectic shops and restaurants.
- Please call our travel advisors for more information.