Rocky Mountain High
Get into a Rocky Mountain state of mind as you drive through captivating Colorado. This self-drive adventure sets you loose amongst the campgrounds of Colorado as you grab the keys to your motorhome in Denver and set off on a 9-day round-trip (although we do recommend you build in a few extra nights along the way). It’s a fabulous route, with plenty of additional activities and points of interest to enjoy. Short distances ensure you get to experience plenty of time on the ground, alongside the opportunity to enjoy a full day exploring in Mesa Verde National Park Campsites are often situated within easy reach of nearby towns or nature reserves. This gives you the chance to chill out for an afternoon or enjoy an evening out at a local restaurant. From the sheer walled sandstone of the Colorado National Monument to the silky-smooth folds of the Great Sand Dunes National Park; this 9-day road trip has more ups and downs than a roller-coaster – and you’ll no doubt love every minute of it.
Discover Tailor-Made Travel
- Award-winning holidays
- ATOL protected
- Incredible value
Excursions and visits
- Drive the Trail Ridge Road through Rocky Mountains NP
- Soak in the geothermal hot pools at Glenwood Springs
- Hike the rim of the Black Canyon of the Gunnison
- Mining and railroad heritage in Silverton and Durango
- Learn about the Pueblo people of Mesa Verde National Park
- Explore North America’s tallest sand dunes
Duration: 9 days
- This is a suggested itinerary only. We will book a motorhome and you can simply call ahead to book the campsites directly.
- With Cruise America handy mobile app, you’ll be able to find your closest campgrounds easily. There’s a great selection of campgrounds available across the US, ranging from huge resorts with restaurants and bars, family leisure activities and swimming pools, through to smaller grounds with just a general store and shower block. The app also details the likes of national parks and public spaces, where you’re welcome to pitch up for the night before hitting the road again in the morning.
- For more information about booking your motorhome please see the motorhome pages on our website for full details about vehicle types, insurances, mileage packs and inclusions.
- We don’t recommend picking up your motorhome immediately following an international flight.
- We are showing most places as one-night or two-night stays, but we don’t recommend trying to follow the suggested itinerary exactly – it’s better to take your time, slow things down, enjoy multi-night stops in selected places.
- Rocky Mountains are very popular that if you want to make the trip, you’ll need to book your RV sites well in advance.
- Remember to book early for the best rates!
- CALL TO BOOK
- Ready for your US motorhome adventure? For more information or to book your Cruise America RV, call us on 0800 9885 886.