Snowbirds in the Sunshine State
Stay a week each in four of Florida's most iconic destinations - Orlando, Panhandle, Crystal River and Gulf Coast and see the sights without the rush. This self-drive holiday is less a road trip and more a migration. It’s an opportunity to plant yourself on four different Florida coastlines for a week at a time before driving onto the next. There’s simply no better way to make the most of those glorious white sand sunsets. Staying on great value for money RV parks is the absolute cheapest and most relaxing way to explore Florida in winter (when hotel rates are at their peak). You will be able to shop in the supermarkets and self-cater when you feel like it, so you avoid the high costs of eating out every night and by spending more time in one place allows you to relax and enjoy a locals’ perspective. Before you know it, you’ll be strolling over sand dusted boardwalks and chatting to the folk at the seafood shack. It’s a laid back, salty sea breeze, way of life that helps you to slow down, take your time, and soak it all in. Of course, you can choose to speed things up a bit if you wish. Orlando’s theme parks have got more razzmatazz, rides, and splashes to last a lifetime. Cape Canaveral and the Kennedy Space Centre are equally unforgettable. Alternatively, you can join a wildlife watching tour as you go in search of manatees, turtles, and all manner of wading birds. Sometimes, however, it’s the RV parks themselves that are the stars of the show. Swimming pools, lounge bars and hot tubs can all be found along with a wide choice of included activities and easily accessible things to do. The settings are remarkably well chosen. If you’re looking for somewhere to watch a world-famous Florida sunset, just open your back door, fold out the chairs, crack open a cold one, and relax…
Discover Tailor-Made Travel
- Award-winning holidays
- ATOL protected
- Incredible value
Excursions and visits
- Waterside RV grounds with swimming pools
- Disney’s theme parks and water worlds
- Walk and kayak around state wildlife reserves
- Competition golf courses and offshore fishing
- Easy access to seaside towns and beaches
- Manatee, dolphin, and turtle watching tours
Duration: 29 days
- This itinerary has been created by Tailor-made Travel by SAGA and designed to make the most of your holiday in the Sunshine State. You will be able to take your time, slow things down and enjoy spending more time in selected places.
- Motorhome pick-up and drop-off is Orlando, as this typically has the best prices, but you can also use the motorhome depots in Tampa or Miami.
- This is a suggested itinerary only. We will book a motorhome and you can simply call ahead to book the campsites directly.
- With Cruise America handy mobile app, you’ll be able to find your closest campgrounds easily. There’s a great selection of campgrounds available across the US, ranging from huge resorts with restaurants and bars, family leisure activities and swimming pools, through to smaller grounds with just a general store and shower block. The app also details the likes of national parks and public spaces, where you’re welcome to pitch up for the night before hitting the road again in the morning.
- For more information about booking your motorhome please see the motorhome pages on our website for full details about vehicle types, insurances, mileage packs and inclusions.
- We don’t recommend picking up your motorhome immediately following an international flight.
- Florida is very popular that if you want to make the trip, you’ll need to book your RV sites well in advance. Remember to book early for the best rates!
- CALL TO BOOK
- Ready for your US motorhome adventure? For more information or to book your Cruise America RV, call us on 0800 9885 886.