Classic Québec - Backroads & National Parks
There’s no better way to explore in eastern Canada other than by motorhome – no more pricey hotels, set dining times, or limited sightseeing windows. You travel on your terms. This is where you’ll find a great choice of campgrounds without having to drive huge distances. And even when you are driving, the surrounding scenery is simply sublime. This round-trip from Montréal takes you through the region’s lake district. You’ll get to stay in places like Mont-Tremblant and La Mauricie National Parks – a real treat for anyone who loves messing about on the water. Where possible, travel via backcountry routes which lead to locations like Lac Saint Jean and the charming Charlevoix region. Travelling in a motorhome gives you total flexibility and offers complete freedom and a welcome respite from being tethered to a schedule. We recommend building in a few days to this suggested itinerary if time permits, it’s never a bad idea just to slow down. It’s also lovely to fall asleep to the night song of crickets and the hooting of owls and staying in an RV lets you enjoy your natural surroundings and sleep comfortably.
Discover Tailor-Made Travel
- Award-winning holidays
- ATOL protected
- Incredible value
Excursions and visits
- Outdoors activities Mont-Tremblant National Park
- Find a roadside stall for authentic ‘poutine’
- Take the roads less travelled to Lac Saint-Jean
- Discover Québec’s French-influenced culture
- Explore the towns and villages of Charlevoix
- Sightseeing in Québec City
Duration: 11 days
- This is a suggested itinerary only. We will book a motorhome and you can simply call ahead to book the campsites directly.
- With the Cruise Canada handy mobile app, you’ll be able to find your closest campgrounds easily. There’s a great selection of campgrounds available across Canada, ranging from huge resorts with restaurants and bars, family leisure activities and swimming pools, through to smaller grounds with just a general store and shower block. The app also details the likes of national parks and public spaces, where you’re welcome to pitch up for the night before hitting the road again in the morning.
- Canada is very popular in the summer season, so we do recommend trying to book your RV sites a few days (or longer) in advance, if possible.
- For more information about booking your motorhome please see the motorhome pages on our website for full details about vehicle types, insurances, mileage packs and inclusions – and remember to book early for the best rates!
- We don’t recommend picking up your motorhome immediately following an international flight.
- We are showing most places as one-night or two-night stays, but we don’t recommend trying to follow the suggested itinerary exactly – it’s better to take your time, slow things down, enjoy multi-night stops wherever takes your fancy.
- CALL TO BOOK - Ready for your Canada motorhome adventure? For more information or to book your Cruise Canada RV, call us on 0800 9885 886.