Non-stop mountains, pine forests and scenic camping, across four of Northwest USA’s wildest states. This self-drive tour gives you an opportunity to traverse some of Northwest America’s wildest states. From Washington and Idaho to Montana and Oregon, there won’t be a moment where you’re not completely besotted with this beautiful corner of the USA. Sensible distances and conveniently located campgrounds give you every chance to get out and explore. Whilst scenic byways and back roads make each day just as much about the journey as the destination. On this self-drive you travel at your own pace and picnics as well as barbecues at the campsites brings a real sense of adventure. This is a chance to drive past the peaks of Cascades National Park as well as around the geothermal features of Yellowstone. In between you’ll be treated to a near-permanent backdrop of lakes, rivers, and pine-covered mountain slopes. Binoculars are a must. You never know when you might spot a moose or bear appearing from the edge of the forest. Following sections of the Oregon Trail will take you into America’s pioneering, gold mining and early settler past. Native American heritage will feature, too, as well as opportunities to experience enormous modern-day structures, such as the Grand Coulee Dam. From the natural beauty of the Rocky Mountains to the communities of Le Grande, Jackson, and Portland, this is one American road trip that really does access all areas.
Discover Tailor-Made Travel
- Award-winning holidays
- ATOL protected
- Incredible value
Excursions and visits
- Drive into North Cascades National Park
- Go wine tasting close to Coeur D’Alene
- See Old Faithful in Yellowstone National Park
- Take a tour of Grand Teton National Park
- Join the jet set in the ski resort of Jackson
- Learn about Native American and pioneer history
- Experience volcanic Mt St Helens and Mt Rainier
Duration: 13 days
- This is a suggested itinerary only. We will book a motorhome and you can simply call ahead to book the campsites directly.
- With Cruise America handy mobile app, you’ll be able to find your closest campgrounds easily. There’s a great selection of campgrounds available across the US, ranging from huge resorts with restaurants and bars, family leisure activities and swimming pools, through to smaller grounds with just a general store and shower block. The app also details the likes of national parks and public spaces, where you’re welcome to pitch up for the night before hitting the road again in the morning.
- For more information about booking your motorhome please see the motorhome pages on our website for full details about vehicle types, insurances, mileage packs and inclusions.
- We don’t recommend picking up your motorhome immediately following an international flight.
- We are showing most places as one-night stays, but we don’t recommend trying to follow the suggested itinerary exactly – it’s better to take your time, slow things down, enjoy multi-night stops in selected places.
- Remember to book early for the best rates!
- CALL TO BOOK
- Ready for your US motorhome adventure? For more information or to book your Cruise America RV, call us on 0800 9885 886.